Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I REMEMBER THOSE WERE THE DA YS...

I REMEMBER...


I remember when I was in matriculation II, I've got a note left by my dad's friend saying my beloved grandma in negeri sembilan passed away. I remember crying frantically as I realised I've missed her funeral and that I won't be able to look at her the last time.


I remember those lovely days at our kampung when my brother, 3 cousins (all boys) and I spent our school holidays main benteng, climbing all the fruit trees (well.. almost) and swimming in the river. We didn't know there are crocodiles until we were scolded when we get back home.


I remember when I was about 6 or 7 and it was during the eid, my cousins, brother and I were in our late grandad VW car as it goes down the steep entrance to the house... on one side is full with pokok rambutan and at a glance, I'm pretty sure I've seen something that looks like a 'pocong'. I ask my grandma and she said that 'pocong' is the good one. I doubt if there is any. It was in the mid of the day. Scary.


I remember our house in kg. mengabang tengah had a swamp kinda area next to it. One day a boy called 'kaya' coz his name is zakaria called me and my brother and put a big fat leech in my brother's hand. I remember panting for breath as we ran home. We were no more than 7 yrs old kids.


I remember our 'ever a great cook' kak nik's delicious ikan singgang that makes me eat until the last tiny space in my tummy filled with it. I remember sleeping in the balcony like a fat lazy cat coz I can't resist the sea breeze. My mum recently told me they had refurbished and renovated their home and its a one big bungalow now. I wonder if the breeze is still the same, I even doubt if there is any sign of breeze at all.


I remember when I was 3 or 4 and I went to tanah pinggir a.k.a kebun getah with my late grandad and grandma ( ermm... that's sound so cheesy, lets called them atok and uwan as I remember it) and our lunch was hacked and smacked by a group of notty-notty monkeys. I'm sure many of our youngsters don't even know what a 'buah getah' looks like, let alone pegi menoreh kan...


I remember my late uwan's gulai masak lemak ikan semilang salai with unripe bananas. It is out of the world. perghhhh!. I can't forget the scrumptious taste of her masak lemak daging salai with pucuk pegaga. perghhh! perghhh! What a pity those days all I care about is to enjoy the food. I should at least show some interest on the preparation. Too late.


I remember my late moyang always give us 20 cent during hari raya, regardless of your age. I also clearly recalled their house have a 90 degree angle stairs made of rounded wood. Kalu terjatuh musti tergolek dok punya. They never fell down the stairs their entire life. Both of them live passed their 90's.


I remember when I was in kindergarten and my teachers were talking about rings during recess. I went home that day and come back to school the next day with a long candy stick that has a plastic ring attached to it. Guess what? yess.. I sheepishly gave it to my teacher as a gift and were so proud of it. I think that answers why I can never be a 'manikam'.


I remember the nearly drown experience when I was ten during a family picnic in Kapas island. That is why I don't like being in the water when we go to the beach, apart from I hate it when I got tanned. Swimming pool is fine, as long as I put the arm bands. hahahahaha....


I remember playing kawen-kawen back when we were 6 or 7 . I always get to play the groom and my friend Lie always be the bride though he is a boy, because he's so fair and cute while I'm the comot one. Huh! not fair. hehehe...


I remember the day I got married, I've been put on a heavy make up until my own dad didn't recognize me. I remember being so svelte and slim too.. ohh.. that was the good old days when fat and cholesterol didn't really affect me. huhuhu...


I remember that 2 of the most important day of my life, the day I gave birth to my both buah hati.. Nur Shafiyyah and Alif Ajmal. Though I've gone through those excruciating pain, it all washed away once I saw their tiny faces. It was a beautiful day.



"memories... all alone in the moon light, I can smile like the old days, life was beautiful then..."



note: Regarding the 'already deleted previous entry'... erm.. dah tua2 ni jadi lebih sensitif. Tapi org2 tua, kalau marah tu tanda sayang, tak gitu? :D







1 comment:

cikdinz said...

old memories still remain till forever....