Monday, October 27, 2008

A LESSON LEARNT

Alhamdulillah...

Allah always give us a way when we are in need.


When all I have is doubt and insecurities, along came some help in a way I would've never imagine.. from someone I don't even knew. Praise to Allah.



This morning, after 2 months of not having any guts to go to the gym, I manage to pull myself for some 'fat burning most needed' exercise (yeah.. fat and cholestrole out of a month eid celebration). Since the kids are on their half term holiday, I was able to sneaked out at 7.30 in the morning.


Over at the gym, theres a gym instructor whom I've met before but never had any conversation with apart from showing me how to use the running mill machine.
But this morning, as I was strutting my stuff on one of the equipment, he asked me whether I'm a student and where I come from.. and the conversation goes on.


It came out that he is from somalia, have been here for 13 yrs with his family. He told me of how proud he is when he knows that I'm a muslim, studying in the university and has all the good opportunities ahead of me to contribute to my people and my country. He said that being from a war torn country, he doesn't have that kind of privilege. He keep on mentioning that good knowledge and wisdom is our dignity and nobody can take it away from us. Gosh... I've been looking all over for something to boost up my self-esteem. Never it comes across my mind that God is giving it to me through a man from the upperthorpe gym.


How selfish I've been all this while. Self-esteem is what I'm looking for, self-esteem is what I got head on. Sometimes we are taking for granted of what we have, we forgot to thank Allah and keep on complaining instead.


O' Allah, forgive me for being so ungrateful. Give me the strength to face all the obstacles and may I live and die as a better muslim. Ameen.


note: I'm utterly wordless...

4 comments:

ana muslim said...

:)

cikdinz said...

syukur alhamdulillah...

kingbinjai said...

amin

Sastri said...

sometimes we are so caught up with our sad emotion on a particular matter that we tend to forget to be grateful for other great things that Allah has bestowed upon us...

and sometimes it takes a stranger to remind us just that... Alhamdulillah... :D